What is Digital Printing?
Digital printing is a modern printing technique that produces prints directly from a computer file rather than a slide or a photograph, without going through some intermediate medium such as a film negative, a colour proof or a plate. Its many advantages include faster turnaround and lower production cost so it is frequently used for on-demand or short-run colour printing. Digital printing is particularly cost-effective on short print runs owing to the low set up costs and no minimum volume run. Digital printing produces very high definition images on a wide range of substrates such as plain or photographic paper, film, canvas and plastic.
Superchrome Digital Printing Services
Superchrome can provide a full digital printing service on a wide range of materials, including:
- Banner Printing - Banners can be printed on a number of substrates, the most common being vinyl which is the lease expensive and often used for outdoor advertising and event signage. Outdoor banners are printed using dye inks for weather resistance on fully hemmed heavy duty vinyl material. Available in any size up to 5 metres wide.
- Poster Printing - Posters can be printed on matte, satin or gloss paper in various sizes. They are widely used in trade shows and the retail sector as very cost effective way to promote a company, product or service. Posters are also used to display photographic and art prints. Posters can be laminated or mounted onto foamex.
- Photo Printing – We are a leading supplier of digital photo printing, using state of the art technology in our production process to give the best print quality. Photos can be printed on paper, fabrics and rigid materials such as poster board or foam core.
- Canvas Printing - Our canvas prints look almost as good as an original and can be used to reproduce top quality fine art. Made of high quality exhibition grade cotton and printed with long-lasting pigment inks, our canvas prints offer the best colour reproduction and high quality finish and are available on standard canvas or artist canvas material.
- Signage - Outdoor signage can be produced on vinyl and many other supports such as a variety of papers, translucent materials and fabrics as well as rigid materials such as poster board or foam core.
- Mesh Printing - Used mainly for stage backdrops and on buildings, mesh is a lightweight perforated fabric that is resistant to tearing and very strong, ideal for large exterior banners. Mesh material is flame retardant and directly printable using UV and solvent inks.
Superchrome provides a very fast and efficient Digital Printing service, from proofing; right through to the finishing production stages
- Fast turnaround times – ideal for short print runs
- Quality high definition printing
- Any size can be printed including large format
- Inexpensive and cost effective